Sunday, August 22, 2010

Question MK & Ash

Is it easier to handle the media attention now you’re a bit older?
MK “Yeah, because now I’m more aware of the things that make me feel complete as a person. I’m trying to concentrate on those things as opposed to stuff that makes me feel empty. Mentally, physically, I feel pretty on top of my game right now. Talk to me next week and I don’t know. Today, I feel good.”
How often do the media mix you up in photographs and captions?
MK “All the time! I went through a period when they were putting me in magazines a lot, and half the time the pictures are of Ashley!! It just shows they should do their research.”
Ashley, at one time MK was never out of the tabloids. How did it feel to see your twin splashed all over the gossip pages?
Ash “That situation was more about how destructive the media can be to a person emotionally-to their identity public persona. It’s really sick.”
How does dealing with the paparazzi affect your lives? Is it really tough?
MK “I’d love to be able to swim in the ocean off Malibu, but that’s just asking for a bikini shot to appear in these magazines. That’s inviting something that I don’t want to happen. I don’t need to be on a ‘Who’s skinny, who’s fat, who’s looking healthy, who’s not eating?’ List.”
Ash “When I was about 16 to 18, I couldn’t get out of the weekly magazines either. So, when I went to New York University, it was really tough for the first couple of months. I wasn’t able to get to some of my classes, because there’d be paparazzi outside.”
If you had the chance, would either of you live any part of your life differently?
Ash “No way! Experiences make a person who they are. If things changed, I wouldn’t be who I am today. I’m fortunate for the incredible opportunities life has brought me-I’ve travelled to amazing places and met tons of talented people from all walks of life. ”

No comments: